So, a couple of fab things have happened this week… Number 1, I have my own domain! Which is so exciting and new, I can’t wait to see what it brings! Secondly, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
I was nominated by Satisfy Her Soul who runs a blog about all things empowering, and inspiring. I’d highly recommend checking out her blog if you need some self loving and motivation. If you want to enter, head over to The Global Aussie to find out how!
The word ‘Liebster’ is German and is a term of endearment, so those kind of warm fuzzy words. The Liebster award is an award specifically for bloggers, chosen by bloggers. The award lets you discover new blog’s from all over the globe, and I am so excited to be a part of it!
When you are nominated for the Liebster Award, you must create a blogpost with the following:
- 10 facts about yourself
- A list of bloggers that you will be nominating
- 10 questions for your nominees
- Answers to the questions from the blogger who nominated you.
It’s all so simple. So lets go!
10 Facts All About Me!
- My name is Kelsey Badley and I’m a 20 year old university student, currently training to become a Primary School teacher.
2. I attended a military boarding school from the age of 11-16. This was an amazing experience, and I miss it loads! I learnt so much.
3. I’m a very competitive person when it comes to sports! I was a silver nationalist kick boxer, I’m a part of a cricket team and I am currently training for the London Marathon! Kickboxing has had to go on hold whilst I train for the marathon, but I can’t wait to get back into it!
4. I’m quite socially awkward, and manage to stick my foot into EVERYTHING! I manage to say the wrong things at the wrong time when I’m around my friends…
5. I love music so so much. Anything from Queen, to One Direction, to Billy Ocean. My parents purchased a record player, and got my brother one for Christmas. I can not explain how badly I want one!
6. I’m the baby out of my family. I have two brothers and a sister, who have all moved out and have their own lives. So sometimes it feels like I’m an only child, but it’s not too bad.
7. I’m currently employed by 5 different businesses/companies, and I’m a volunteer for 3 different positions, as well as the President for a Guide Dog society at uni. Busy bee!
8. I am a huge perfectionist. If I start something, then I will finish it no matter what. Everything I do has to be done to the best of my ability, and sometimes I can be a bit hard on myself but it’s worth it in the end!
9. I really want to quit all of my jobs, pack up my stuff and travel the world on my own. I think you can really learn a lot by travelling on your own and it’s one of my biggest dreams. It’s something I want to do that seems a little crazy but will work out for the best.
10. My favourite solo artist is Ed Sheeran. He comes across as the most down-to-earth and genuine person on the planet. He’s worked insanely hard, and never forgets where he’s from. Plus, he is a lyrical genius. I’d just love to meet him and have a sing song with him.
10 Questions from Satisfy Her Soul
What are your hobbies, other than blogging?
Singing, anything related to music, sport and sleeping!
When did you start blogging, and how often do you post?
I started blogging in September 2017 and I post once a week!
Favourite book, TV show, or both?
Favourite books: Boys don’t cry – Malorie Blackman, and Me before you/After you – Jojo Moyes. Favourite TV shows: PLL, Gossip Girl, and Friends!
An established blogger that I look up to:
Parie Joshie from Class and Glitter, she is the most lovely person and one of the reasons I started to blog seriously! Also, Poppy Deyes, her blog layout, and photographs are just perfect.
8 Adjectives to describe my blog
New – random – well loved (by me) – fun – festive – slightly behind – passionate – honest
A goal you would like to achieve by summer 2018
I’m assuming this isn’t associated with blogging, so I’m going to say my confidence. My goal is to love myself more, and feel more confident being me.
A charity, organisation or cause I feel passionate about.
Anything to do with the welfare of children, animals and the world. Whether that be education, refugees, or veganism. Children and animals are very dependent on their surroundings, and so they need to be cared for. Especially since children are the people of the future.
Something you could talk for hours about:
The world, philosophy, space, aliens, ghosts and spirits, what’s wrong/right, the future, does everything happen for a reason? I’m a big talker.
A guilty pleasure song you love jamming out to:
Hahahaha anything from the High School Musical soundtracks
If I had the opportunity, would I make blogging my full time job? Or keep it as a hobby.
I think this depends on the time and place. I would love to be a full time blogger, but I am so passionate about teaching children. Currently, I would keep it as a hobby, I love teaching too much.
Time to Nominate!
So, now it’s my turn to nominate 5-10 of my favourite up and coming bloggers. I quite enjoy reading other peoples blogs, so this shouldn’t be too difficult! Please go and show them all the love in the world!
Beauty with Alice – All about beauty!
The Curly Spirit – Health & Wellness, Personal Development, Business Advice
Girl in the North – Everything and anything fabulous/interesting
Chic Neat and Sweet – Everything chic, neat and sweet!
Sophie Harris – Student life, positivity and general lifestyle
Wild Pretty Things – Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle
Deborah – All things fashion
There are my nominees, all picked out! Go show them so much love! If you choose to accept the nomination then answer the 10 questions (below). Post your answers into your own Liebster Award 2018 Nomination post.
My 10 Questions!
- Why did you start blogging? What got you into it?
- Who do you look up to in the blogging world?
- What’s your favourite animal? Share a picture of it.
- If you had the opportunity to go full-time blogging, and make a living out of it, would you? why?
- 3 words that would honestly describe yourself.
- What is your main goal for 2018?
- Who is your favourite small blogger? Give them a little shout out!
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- How old is your blog?
- If there was someone you could talk to (past, present, fictional, real, dead or alive) for one whole day, who would it be and why?
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award 2018
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
3. Answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 10 new blogs that you feel deserve the award
6. Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
7. List the rules in your post
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award!
This is probably the LONGEST blog post i’ve ever written… So if you’ve stuck around to read it, then thank youuuu